Sunday, January 20, 2008

Student Teaching

I can't believe how fast time flies when you teach. I am currently teaching at Wells Elementary in a Pre-School class. I have never been so exhausted after a day at work. It is unbelieveable how these kids can wear me out!
It is so rewarding to be able to manage a child's behavior by positive reinforcement. The kids are working hard to start printing their names. My cooperating teacher uses Magna-Doodles and sheet of paper with each child's name on it. They place the paper with their name on it on the Magna-Doodle and trace the letters, then they take the paper away to reveal their name imprinted on the toy. They are amazed with this and love tracing their friends names as well.
Student Teaching has put a bit of stress on my life but I wouldn't change it for the world. My relationships are stronger because my friends really take into consideration how busy I am. I finally get to do what I have always wanted to do. I get to be with such wonderful role models and working with such wonderful kids.
God Bless and Stay Positive!