Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 13

At the end of week 13 and it has been a crazy one. With both of my boys I never experiences the crazy cravings that are proverbial of prenatal ventures. Well, it has come two fold (pun definitely intended) with my twins. I made myself a tortilla with honey mustard, cream cheese, bologna, shredded cheese, tomatoes, a pickle and onions. I capped it off with some flamin' hot cheetos and cotton candy. Yikes!

I am a bit less exhausted than I have been. I am thankful for that because I cannot wait to get ready for the new school year. A teacher's favorite time of year is when the center aisle is coated with notebook and crayon displays! My husband has been exceptional recently. Dealing with my complaining and letting my nagging and insults (this pregnancy has made me mean, as well) to the point of sainthood.

The emotional aspect of this week is interesting. This pregnancy has increased my craziness. Like previously stated, I have been a bit of a monster to my husband. I am manic. Extreme happiness and extreme depression. With the boys, I was nicer to him. But he takes it all with a grain of salt and encourages me by singing, "Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing, gonna be alright"... only when he senses that I won't shoot him a mean look for daring to look optimistically at my craziness. In all reality, I am not that bad, I just am not used to this type of mood swing. I am used to fast paced (my family affectionately calls me "Zero to Sixty") emotional roller coasters, not long and drawn out rides!

I was recently able to see just how blessed we were when talking to a friend. We were discussing the addition of the twins and she told me that when she first heard she could not believe we were already pregnant, much less with twins. She then added, but I see you on facebook all the time and you and Matthew seem like awesome parents. It made me so happy to hear someone with no kids who is probably scared to death about having kids close together say that they thought I was doing a good job.

A note to my twins: I am so excited for you to meet your Daddy. He is a different kind of man. He is goofy, loving, encouraging, and the best partner. Not to mention he is SO VERY handsome. If either of you are boys, I could want nothing more than for you to turn out like Daddy. And if either of you are girls, you couldn't dream up a better husband. I love you and look forward to feeling you move more frequently.

No comments: