Monday, December 31, 2012

12 Takes for 2012

1. This year I was able to accept others kindness and love with an open heart. I was able to accept help and gifts from generous people without thinking their help and gifts were because I "needed" it.
 
2. My husband is amazing. Whether he was planning/implementing my Baby Moon, taking over with the boys and the house, he did it with love and this showed me that he knows how hard it was for me to let some of these things go and let him take over. It helps that he knows my love language of acts of service! ;)
 
3. My boys are becoming best friends who choose to hang out with each other. Sure they fight, but usually they show really care for one another.
 
4. Zoe Darlene
 
 
5. Molly Maria
 
 
6. My wonderful siblings who are So caring. It is so good to have such a big family so that when you are mad at one of them, you have others to lean on.
 
7. My sister, Katie, who has taken on the role of mentor for me. She has helped me let go and realize that accepting others' kindness is allowing them to act on behalf of the Lord. My sister, Mary, for her constant support. We are VERY similar (with home/financial/marriage/children). This helps us to encourage one another and be a sound board for complaints and compliments. My sister, Annie. She is such a bright light of joy. Her caring and understanding personality makes her accepting of all and helps teach me to do the same.
 
8. My parents for their help this year. They helped us to buy our new van because of the generosity. They will never know how much I need them (even though I don't show it) or love them. I am amazed by their life together and they help me to make positive decisions in regards to my marriage and family.
 
9. My in-laws. They have done so much to make sure our transition to twins was positive and easy. They made sure that we did not have to worry about the unimportant things in order that we focus on what truly matters most... our family.
 
10. My job. I have a true family in the school I work at. They are amazing. They even cared enough to set up a "diaper fund" for us because we have 4 under three and they are all in diapers! Not to mention my awesome 4th grade teammates who have taken the reigns while I baked the twins. I did not EVER have to worry about school while I was off work.
 
11. My church. For encouraging me to make hard decisions because they are right. To always allow me to make my own decisions but reminds me to NEVER make excuses to justify making the wrong decisions. I have a church that has withstood the test of time. I have a church that I am in love with and that makes COMPLETE sense. It doesn't change with the times and it is not popular. Anything worth doing is probably going to be difficult.
 
12. Dave Ramsey. He has made an impact on my family's mentality of money and debt. He has made me a financially responsible person who is prepared for things to not go as planned (i.e. pregnant with twins!). Now it is difficult to walk into Target knowing that I cannot even buy the top on sale for $5.98, but it is good to know I have control over knowing what is truly a need and what is most definitely a want.
 
Happy New Year!

No comments: