Monday, December 24, 2012

The TMI Labor Post...

Well, it has officially been 6 days since the birth of my little miracles. Zoe Darlene was born first at 1:36 pm weighing in at 5lbs. 7 oz. and 18 in. long. Molly Maria was born second at 1:51 pm. She was the exact same weight and length as her sister.

I got my epidural early (Oh, yeah!). At around 1:15 my midwife (Nancy Shirey=amazing) told me I was 100% effaced and 7 cm. dialated. She said she would come back in a bit after she made arrangements for her appointments and did a couple of things. Two minutes after she left the room, I turned to my mother-in-law and asked her to get Nancy because they were coming... and VERY fast!

Nancy came back in and we started to the operating room. I had to give birth in the OR because of the potential to have a c-section (something that might break me with a two year old and one year old at home). We got in the room and I started to get prepped to push. My amazing husband stood by my side calming me and telling me how amazing I was. My epidural was allowing me to feel. This made pushing a bit easier because I could feel more of what I was doing. I pushed little Zoe out after she got stuck for what seemed like an awfully painful eternity. Then came Molly. She had turned breech while Zoe made her way out. My midwife knew that I did not want a c-section if I could help it because of the recovery I would face. She called in another doctor (Barry Campbell) who does breech extractions. He was about to go into another surgery but popped in to save my LIFE! He used the ultrasound machine to grab Molly by the feet and pull her out. This one was scary and could have been bad, but, thank God, things went well. The AMAZING news is that I did not need an episiotomy so my healing was insanely different. Although I had immense contractions after the birth (my uterus shrinking to its once small size) this only lasted two more days after we were released. God is good and knew that I could only handle so much. Throughout this whole pregnancy, even with everyone telling me how insane we were for having 4 under three, I knew God would provide. I have such faith in my God and I know he will provide, if I do my best and pray for guidance.

Matthew and I took advantage of the nurseryso that we could enjoy going home and be comletely well rested and ready to make Christmas memories. We came home and the boys reactions were priceless. My mom and mother-in-law were there and I couldn't have been happier.

These past three days at home have been a blessing. The ease at which we made this transition is unbelieveable. My husband is the best swaddler is the world and participates 100% because he WANTS to be involved and share this gift of crazy responsibility. I am overcome and my cup runneth over. He is, in SO many ways, like St. Joseph. Providing for the Blessed Mother and Jesus without any regard to himself.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You are awesome and your girls are beautiful. Merry Christmas!